Monday, May 14, 2012

Does PINK and Vacation Mix?

Life is a moving target and mine has been on hyper drive in the last month! I have written about 5 blog posts in my mind (all witty and cute) but never made it to the computer until today. Please excuse my absence. I have been on 2 major vacation in the past month and thus have been MIA on this blog. To make up for it, I will update you in the next few posts. I'll start from where I left off in my last post.

My husband took me to Aruba for 4 days/3 night for my birthday (love my hubby!) this year. We had never been away from our 2 kids for a vaca of this magnitude AND I had never been on vaca on a plan like PINK. I was supposed to be on RESET between phase 1 and 2 but decided to stay on a modified phase 1 plan while on vaca and regroup once I returned. We arrived at lunch time after travelling for hours upon hours and this was my first meal.


Ok, this meal is not PINK. But it was soooo good! My goal for the trip was to have fun but not go too far overboard. I didn't want to feel oppressed on vacation but I didn't want to gain half the weight I lost back either. So I worked out 2 of the four days (because the other two days we were travelling) and TRIED to make sensible choices. While I did have drinks at the swim up pool bar and at dinner, I didn't drink all day and night long. I could hear Cynthia saying something like - if your liver is processing liquor it's not processing fat. I made sure at each meal I had vegetables and no more than 2 servings. If I didn't like something I didn't bother eating it. In the past I might have eaten it just because.

For breakfast I got one serving consisting of egg white omelet with spinach and all the veggies with turkey sausage and unsweetened green tea. With a little fresh fruit and a croissant or two (I'm human people!!) I was good to go. My biggest problem was dessert at dinner time. Instead of having a dessert, I would make a platter of all the desserts I wanted to try. Some I would finish, others not and some I would get seconds of. In the end I was stuffed.

In hind site, my portion sizes were too large, the sweets, bread and alcohol factors played a part in my weight gain. Let's not even talk about the late night snacking. Not being in control of the contents of your food meal after meal for days is not good. I didn't keep up with my water intake either. The only things that helped me were the workouts and high physical activity during my trip.

Here are the PINK positives... I did realize that the RESET broke my addiction to carbonated beverages such as diet soda and flavored water, artificial sweeteners and now I can take salt a mile away. Those are lasting effects. I was able to fit into clothes I haven't been able to fit for a while and I received more attention from the opposite sex than I have in a long while.


Me on my birthday ready for my special dinner
So I returned home to find a 9 lb weight gain. That solidified in my mind that my vacation goals did not match my PINK method goals. I had to skae things up! I wanted to throw in the towel and start from Day 1 of the plan but Michelle, the other PINK in the Pod shared her thoughts on how she thought I should proceed based on my experiences. Tune in next time to read all about that advice and what I ultimately chose to do.


La-Vie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two PINKS in a Pod LOVE to get comments. They keep us going forward in this weight loss journey! Ask questions too... we will do our best to answer them! Think P.I.N.K.!