Sunday, April 15, 2012

At the Crossroads and Phase 1 Measurements

I must start with my happiest moment on PINK. The live chat revealed that we can have organic air popped popcorn. I rushed out to get it. It doesn't taste great, but it did help me feel like I could get a needed snack in. I love this retro style air popper from Bed, Bath & Beyond.

Ok, on to the bad news... unfortunately the time has come for this PINK in the pod to seperate. My birthday is this Wednesday and I am headed to Aruba tomorrow to celebrate. Once I return I'll be off to the Bahamas with friends the first week of May. I am so excited about both trips, which were planned in advance of starting PINK. It will be difficult to keep 100% PINK in these situations. The good thing is, PINK is a lifestyle change and my lifestyle involves a lot of travel. These experiences will allow me to learn how to tackle eating away from home. I am terrified of regaining the weight I lost though.

The reason why I am talking about seperation is that Michelle and I will no longer be in sync in terms of where we are in the program. I must re-evaluate after both trips to see where I will pick up the program. Maybe I will start from scratch. Maybe I will do a little longer reset and start Phase 2 next week. I am supposed to be on reset the whole trip which will not happen. One of the experts on the PINK message boards gave me support and some great guidelines to follow while away. I am going to do my best to apply those principles. Luckily, my husband eats the Paleo diet so we both will be watching what we eat together. And we will work out for at least an hour daily and be active most of the day. My trip mantra is "I am here to actively celebrate with my husband NOT to eat and drink all I can and become a beach bum." I'll post again in a week.

*******************************************************************************

In Phase 1 of PINK I was able to have breakfast some days when I didn't wake up to do my workout first thing in the morning. I enjoyed this cereal from the organic isle. I recently bought the blueberry version which has basically the same nutrition facts.

Ok on to the statistics and my experiences on Phase 1 now that it's done.

I started PINK monday march 12, 2012 my measurements were bust 48.5" wearing a bra and a sports bra, waist 49.5", hips 50", thighs 27" and my starting weight was 237 lbs.

Today, after Phase 1 my measurements are bust 46.5" (same bras), waist 47.5", hips 47", thighs 24" my weight now is 221 lbs.

I lost 16 lbs and 10" overall!! Not bad...

RESET is where I lost most of this weight. During Phase 1 of PINK I kept gaining and losing a couple pounds. But I know exactly why.... I had a really hard time sticking to the blueprint once it got closer to my trip. I wasn't always in control of my food when I travelled away from home. Several times I ate treats that were not PINK at all. I ate them for all the common reasons - old bad habits, while I was on my cycle, because I was bored, because I was emotional about something, because I had given up for a bit. But all in all, I am loving myself and forgiving myself for these mistakes. I still kept exercising and kept moving forward. But now I know, those cravings and tendencies are still alive and well and as the PINK book says, I have documented those pitfalls and have strategies to overcome them in the next phase of the program (whatever that is for me).

Everytime I cheated I felt an overwhelming sence of guilt and self-loathing which is not the positive place I have been coming from throughout the rest of this program. So once I return from vaca I am going to clean up my act and get back on track.

The one thing I can say is I have been doing the workouts in addition to Zumba and the elliptical. I first started using 4 lb weights in Kardio and have moved up to 8 lbs about a week ago. There are some moves I can only do with the 4 lbs but I am very much stronger. I even started doing the jumping jacks but have not gotten all the way through with it. I use that time to remind myself of the cheating I have done to push myself forward. I chant the names of what I ate repeatedly. I also can now do the yoga crouching spring forward move that I cried about day 1 of phase 1 because I couldn't do it. I am proud of most of what I have been able to accomplish on this program. I look forward to my progress in the future.

tuna that is PINK approved

favorite meal 1
favortie meal 2







La-Vie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two PINKS in a Pod LOVE to get comments. They keep us going forward in this weight loss journey! Ask questions too... we will do our best to answer them! Think P.I.N.K.!