Monday, April 2, 2012

4 Pounds & Plant Based Diet?

 

Happy Monday Pinkies,

Today was the first day, of my second week on Phase 1 (Pink Primary).  Things couldn't be better!  As I said in a previous post, I will now only weigh myself once a week as to not get discouraged when a pound isn't lost every day.  So, this morning I weighed myself and I've lost 4 pounds since my weigh-in last week!  Woohoo!!  I am now 260 (see scale pic below), which is a total weight loss of  12 pounds since starting the program.  The P.I.N.K Method works!

On another note, in the past week I watched a documentary entitled "Forks Over Knives."  You can watch it on Netflix if you are a member.  I have watched several documentaries on the negatives of eating meat and positives of vegetarianism, as it relates to killing animals, but this was a little different and now I know why Cynthia Pasquella, creator of P.I.N.K Method eats a plant based diet. 

After watching this documentary, I am really, really considering eating a plant based diet.  I know it will be very difficult and will be a slow process to switch to this way of eating because, a plant based diet means you cannot eat anything that comes from an animal or anything processed (not even vegan cheese - it's processed).  However, recognizing that cancer runs rampant in my family, I think this would be the best thing for my health and especially for my daughter. 

I am a single mom of a two, a 24 yr old son and a 12 yr old daughter.  Since I am pretty much the only stable adult in my daughter's life (wouldn't want my son to have to raise his sister if something happened to me), I need to do everything in my power to be around for her as long as possible.  This is what I think about when I don't want to do that darn yoga with Basheerah, grrrrr :-/

What do you use as a motivator to keep you going on the P.I.N.K Method?

Until my next post...

Think P.I.N.K

Oh I almost forgot, see today's meals below.





                                  This is a dish I created from imagination :-)
                                                Lunch: Scallops, San Marzano Tomatoes
                                                                Fresh Garlic & Fresh Spinach
                                                                Apple   


                                                 Dinner: Grilled Catfish
                                                                 Sauteed Napa Cabbage w/Garlic
                                                                 Roasted Butternut Squash

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two PINKS in a Pod LOVE to get comments. They keep us going forward in this weight loss journey! Ask questions too... we will do our best to answer them! Think P.I.N.K.!