Monday, April 9, 2012

Cruise Control

Hello Pinkies,

Today starts the last week of Phase 1 (Pink Primary).  I am now basically on cruise control.  What I mean by this is, eating healthy and exercising daily is a habit now.  I'm sure this is why Cynthia says in the beginning of the P.I.N.K Method book, commit to the program for atleast 3 weeks (21 days).  Research has shown that if you perform an action for 21 days it becomes a habit.  That Cynthia is so darn smart and sneaky :-)

I have been on the program now for a total of 28 days and the changes I have experienced are great!  I have alot more energy and I sleep much better.  I still fall asleep late, but my sleep is much deeper and I feel very rested when I awake in the mornings.

Today, I started using the five pound weights for the workouts.  Boy what a difference two pounds makes.  I had been using the two and three pound weights the first week and just the 3 pounds last week.  Those five pound weights felt so much heavier, but I pushed myself and did the entire workout using them, with the exception of those dreadful Jumping Jacks :-(  I hate those darn things!

So now for the reason I'm doing this program, weightloss; I lost another 1.5 pounds!  Woohoo!  I'm now 258.5.  1.5 pounds is actually within the normal healthy amount of weight you should lose in a week.  Even though, alot of people on the program lose more in a week, 1 to 2 lbs is healthy according to the Mayo Clinc and other sources.  You always want to lose weight in a healthy way and not too much too fast or your skin may not shrink with your body and then you have excess skin.  Not a good look.

As usual, today's meals are below.

Until my next post...

Think P.I.N.K 








                                              Lunch:  Grilled Catfish
                                                               Sauteed Collard Greens
                                                               Sliced Tomatoes


                                              Dinner: Grilled Chicken, Asparagus w/Marzano
                                                               Tomatoes & Brown Rice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two PINKS in a Pod LOVE to get comments. They keep us going forward in this weight loss journey! Ask questions too... we will do our best to answer them! Think P.I.N.K.!