Tuesday, April 3, 2012

While Cravings will come....it's all about how you deal with them


If you're a fan of the back-in-the-day show "In Living Color" you'll know what I'm talking about...

"I had a craving... wrote a song about it... like to hear it?....here it go.... Momma had a craving for chicken fajitaaaaaaaa, and I was about to go off PINK, tear the the town apart to geeeeetttt it.... aaaaaahhhhhhhaaaaa!"

Cravings can be relentless! I thought about a burrito I used to get from Taco Express that is made with grilled churiso, steak and chicken 'round the corner (without the wrap) for 2 long days. I didn't tell anyone but I mulled it over so many different ways... well... if I get it.... I won't be going off PINK because.... ah nah I don't know how they're cooking the meat, there's a bunch of spanish rice, guac and sour cream, cheese, etc. It just ain't gonna work...

Then I remembered the WWW and said to myself, "maybe I could make the seasoning myself and curb this craving and stay PINK (for LIFE)?" Low and behold, a recipe jumped right up. Here it is: fajita seasoning recipe. Armed with the recipe, I felt empowered! I omitted the corn starch and sugar plus I found salt free chichken buillion powder since I knew that salt would mess me up.

After I bought the spices I needed, predue chicken strips that were free range etc. and a bag of frozen peppers and onions I went home to hook it up! I also ate a green salad. Let me tell y'all (smacking my lips and lickin my fangers) that meal was banging, more satisfying than "cheating" and an instant hit with my fam. I felt like a million bucks! For real. There were left overs for lunch the next day. Tasted even better. I tried to be fast and eat a little jar salsa with it at lunch but it tasted like pure salt. I know I am detoxed now for sure. I can taste everything I never used to.

Now when the cravings come, I've got this! Hooooooooo! Go me....get busy... go me... uh, uh.... (I'm doing an old skool dance in my craft room right now....)

How have y'all dealt with some killer craving?


La-Vie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two PINKS in a Pod LOVE to get comments. They keep us going forward in this weight loss journey! Ask questions too... we will do our best to answer them! Think P.I.N.K.!