Saturday, April 7, 2012

No Exercise, Barbecue Ribs and a Blender?



Ok, I normally only post on Monday and Friday, but I thought I would post today because my day was a littlle different than usual.

I did not exercise today.  What! Yes, you heard me right. I did not exercise today. I had planned on sleeping in since I rarely get the opportunity to. However, I had every intention of working out. Unfortunately, I have a bad habit of falling asleep with the tv on. When I woke up, I looked at the time and said, "Oh it's still early, I'm going back to sleep." Well, as I lay there I'm listening to the tv and a very interesting documentary was on. Anyone who knows me, knows that I love documentaries! Needless to say, I got wrapped up in the documentary and did not go back to sleep  :-(    I then realized that an hour had passed, uh oh!.  I have read and also heard Dr. Oz say, "It is important to eat breakfast within an hour of waking," which I try to stick to. So, I then decided to eat breakfast and workout later. I'm sure you can imagine how that went, LOL. After the documentary, I got on the computer and time just slipped away (say what).  Anyway, I just decided to make today my rest day instead of tomorrow. Thank God for the "rest day" :-)


Now for the rest of my day. My daughter begged me to make her some Barbecue PORK RIBS!!!! Are you kidding me child? Your mama is trying to lose weight! Are you trying to sabatoge me? LOL. Since this is a lifestyle change and I will have to deal with this at some point, there is no time like the present.  I put the rub on the ribs and put them in the oven. If you know anything about cooking ribs, you know you have to cook them low and slow in order for the meat to fall off the bones. So, I had them in the oven for about four hours before I started basting them with my special barbecue sauce (yum). My daughter also wanted me to make homemade mac & cheese, but I put my foot down and refused! That's taking it a little too far missy :-/  The compromise, box mac & cheese (Cynthia would be cringing right about now, lol).


Since I wasn't going to be working out, I decided I was still going to drink my Pink Drink #1. So, for lunch I start preparing my smoothie. I get all the ingredients in the blender, hit blend and nothing. Ok, is this really happening? My blender has stopped working! Uugg! Now I have to go buy a blender. I run to Bed Bath & Beyond with my coupons (I'm an extreme couponer) and of course, they have all the really nice blenders that you see advertised on tv and in the circulars, but they cost like $200 - $400 or more. Ha, even with my coupons, I'm am not paying that much for a blender unless it can suck the fat out of my body LOL!!! Ok, back to reality, I find a really nice reasonably priced blender and with my coupon it only cost me $16! The great thing is that it has alot of the same settings that the expensive blenders have and my old one did not (see pics below).
Yay for me, score!!

Later, I finish up dinner for me and my daughter. The only food item we share on our plates are the roasted sweet potatoes/yams ;-)   However, I still enjoyed my dinner immensely. Who needs RIBS!

Below are my meals, except the Pink Drink #1 (see an earlier post for pic), for the day.  I have also posted a picture of mine and my daughter's dinner plates side my side.

Until my next post...

Think P.I.N.K


                Breakfast: Scrambled Egg on Sprouted Grain Bread w/Tomato
                                   1/2 cup Coffee w/liquid stevia and coconut milk


                 My New Blender!                                                 Blender Settings
 


                          Mine and My Daughter's Dinner side by side
                                     
                                               
                                                                 My Dinner
                              Grilled Skinless Boneless Center Cut Pork Chop
                               Roasted Asparagus
                               Roasted Sweet Potatoes

                                                   My Daughter's Dinner
                   Barbecue Pork Ribs, Mac & Cheese & Roasted Sweet Potatoes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two PINKS in a Pod LOVE to get comments. They keep us going forward in this weight loss journey! Ask questions too... we will do our best to answer them! Think P.I.N.K.!