Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Feel the burn??? That's just your body changing!!!

Today's title is one of the favorite sayings of the PINK workout leader for PINK Primary. I have been feeling the burn and I figured I would check in and share my progress since my last post. In tribute to one of my Sheros Whitney Houston, my workout theme song is now Step by Step (so fitting...)


Well there's a bridge and there's a river that I still must cross
As I'm going on my journey
Oh, I might be lost

And there's a road I have to follow, a place I have to go
Well no-one told me just how to get there
But when I get there I'll know
Cuz I'm taking it

[Chorus:]
Step By Step, Bit by Bit,
Stone By Stone (Yeah), Brick by Brick (Oh, yeah)
Step By Step, Day By Day, Mile by mile (ooh, ooh, ooh)
I became emotional today while I took strides to this song on my elliptical. First because a legend of our time has passed. Second because I have come a long way since 20 days ago (mind, body and spirit). I had just finished the PINK workouts (day 3 PINK Primary) and was adding a little extra oomph with the elliptical workout. This journey for me has been a step by step kind of situation. From 3 weeks ago when we decided to prepare to start this program until now. Here's my stats...

I began PINK reset at 237 lbs (I'm 5'3".) after RESET I was 225 lbs (and I've lost a couple lbs since) for a total of 12 lbs lost! I cannot believe it. I always lose weight in my face first so I'll share my before and my now pic so you can see what I am talking about. This program must be the bomb because I thought I couldn't live without bread, cheese, processed foods, snacks, oil, etc. And now I am living proof.
first day of RESET

after RESET

Starting PINK Primary brought on new challenges. I have A LOT left to learn. I began eating too much but was still losing a pound a day. That has since slowed down, but I am learning that with the addition of new food I have lessen the amount of food instead of just adding the new stuff. And I am learning to adjust things according to my lifestyle and habits. For example, PINK suggests I have a medium fruit with lunch. I may have that fruit as a snack an hour before or after lunch instead. I was getting slack with my water (even though I am very hydrated) so I am getting back on track with that. I now understand that I need to eat certain things (good carbs) to maintain enough energy to do the workouts. So step by step I am getting adjusted. 3 weeks will be gone before I know it and I'll be in the gray area once again as I switch to phase 2.

Ok, the workouts are basic lunges, squats, core work etc with light weights and some difficult gravity defying yoga moves. I did not watch the videos ahead of time (out of fear) and attempted to go at it full force last monday. Well, that was disasterous. I cried like a baby when I couldn't do the yoga and it was too late at night to drink the shake and (I think I was PMSing guys) everything was going wrong. After a much needed pep talk and instructional from Michelle (the other PINK in this pod) and support from my closest girlfriends I got it together and have been strong every since.

The workouts are challenging but only a few moves are advanced. Within the 3 weeks alloted for this phase I believe I will have all of them down pat (except that damn crazy yoga move). The workout lead keeps reminding me to stay present, focus on me. I am working on that. She says it's your time... and I really feel like I am on the brink of something. It is my time, to get healthy and fit.

One thing I will say is there is room for error in PINK primary so thank God the creator has several lengthy web chats online that answer everyone's burning questions. I even found out I can have air popped popcorn (which is not in the book). So off I go to the store for some organic popcorn and the popper!!! This is the BEST news I have gotten in weeks (besides my weight loss that is...)

Before I go, I must admit that everyone around me in on board. They are inspired by me and I am inspired by them. One of my friends bought in and started RESET this week! Go gurl!!! And I am working on another. My nearest and dearest are making changes in their own ways to foster better health and fitness. It's become a little revolution.... and I'm proud to be a catalyst for change.


La-Vie
I believe in me, my will to succeed and my power to positively influence others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two PINKS in a Pod LOVE to get comments. They keep us going forward in this weight loss journey! Ask questions too... we will do our best to answer them! Think P.I.N.K.!