Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Greetings from the other P.I.N.K. in the pod


Heeeeeeyyyy! I'm La-Vie B. and I am the other P.I.N.K. in the pod! I thought I would jump on and introduce myself. Michelle was so good about getting thing started and explaining what we are doing. This is my first time co-writing a blog. My primary blog is all about my creativity http://www.cestla-viedesigns.blogspot.com/ and this blog is all about our health.

I started gaining weight at age 12 when my father passed of cancer. I turn 37 this year. Back in the day, no one thought of grief counseling or familyt counseling to help me deal with my devastation over the loss of my father. I ate my pain then and haven't stopped since. Now don't get me wrong, I have had a successful life however, this issue of weight has been the bane of my existence. This year, I waged war on the extra weight I carry and will give myself no more excuses to hide behind the bulge.

My friend Michelle told me about The P.I.N.K. Method and we have begun this weight loss journey together. At first I was in shock. I was like what??? We're really going to do this? But Michelle was so gung ho that I had to get myself together fast. Before I knew it, we were having our last big supper, taking before pics, shopping for all the healthy foods we need to have on hand and joining the P.I.N.K. community.

I thank God for Michelle and my other friends who are supporting me through this journey and joining in with me in their own special ways. Shout out to Crystal, Nikki, Seandra and Rhumel!


Ok, on to the specifics! Doesn't this just make your mouth water?? It's my P.I.N.K. drink #1 (there are 3 to choose from) that serves as my breakfast for the reset phase of The P.I.N.K. Method. I am going to be in this phase for 14 days before moving on to Phase 1 of the program.

I love the protein powder I got from GNC which is perfect for following this plan. I really felt like I was in Friendly's when I drank this! I also added a few drops of liquid Stevia for sweetener. My tip for making this shake is to use the Ninja blender and freeze your fresh fruit in a baggie with the appropriate amount of fruit for a quick grab 'n go feel. In the past I always forgoed breakfast because I was getting the kids on their way. Now I make it quick fast and easy to make my shake and sip on it in the car or while I am getting the lunches ready or wherever I am in the house.



Here's a typical meal. We are allowed two meals of 4 oz of lean protein and unlimited low calorie vegetables. Also, I can eat unlimited vegetables all day as snacks. My biggest battle is with the water. I have to drink a gallon based on the new requirements. That keeps me in the bathroom constantly (so dag on annoying). I started the plan this past Monday and I still have not gotten to the point where I have drank the gallon by bedtime. I will though... you just wait...

Tell me ladies.... if you are on the P.I.N.K. Method or have been working on your health and fitness - What is your best nutrition tip or trick?


La-Vie
Until next time...Think P.I.N.K.!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two PINKS in a Pod LOVE to get comments. They keep us going forward in this weight loss journey! Ask questions too... we will do our best to answer them! Think P.I.N.K.!