Monday, March 19, 2012

True Confessions of a PINK in the Pod


I have not posted in a few days because I have been going out of my ever lovin' mind!! But the good news is  I've regained my senses and have returned to tell you all about it. I ended my last post with the news that I had tried Chia seeds. On one hand, the Chia seeds gave me amazing energy and curbed my appetite but on the other hand I somehow gained 1.4 lbs in a day after taking the seeds. So I have stopped using them for now. Perhaps they are not good during reset. They weren't PINK approved I was just trying to maximize my weight loss. BUT trying this shortcut was detrimental to my weight loss. I have learned my lesson. It never pays to cut corners. 

I also learned not to live by the scale. I had gotten used to seeing that one pound less every morning. It was my reason for getting up in the morning. It was (still is) a ritual...use the bathroom and then take my weight just before getting into the shower. Once I didn't see that pound of weight loss I became depressed and obsessed with continuing to lose. Although I know slight fluctuation is normal during weight loss it still drove me crazy. It had me wanting to break the scale, cheat and have something fattening, reaching out for additional support from friends, getting behind in my water and eating schedule, etc.

I also was stressing over having a Stampin' Up home party one day and attending a Tastefully Simple/ Willow House home party the next day. I was a wreck about having people over and serving just veggies. I was worried that going to the Tastefully Simple party would do me in...all those yummy dips, cakes, etc. to sample. I am glad to say I have great friends - like the one who's in this pod with me - who didn't mind coming over without having festive drinks and the usual spread of treats. And on the next day, I made sure I ate my lunch right before I left and I drank water and made the decision not to taste the food. I was full. I only tasted a tad of salsa on top of two carrot slices and kept away from the food for the rest of the event. I was so happy and proud of myself. By the next morning, the scale showed 1 pound less. (happy happy joy joy)!!

On to the food... this is what I have been enjoying in the last week. Two tips I have for you... liquid aminos is the bomb! I made teriyaki chicken by adding water, a squirt of liquid aminos and ginger powder to the crock pot. Everyone in the house loved it. I also used it with the fish...superb. A friend gave me the best advice about cooking mushrooms. I am not a mushroom person but this is tasty (see pic below). For snack when I am hungry, this hits the spot. I eat them by the pack full now. 

Please do not expect pretty pics of perfectly arranged food. I can barely get the pics done before I tear into it. And most times I forget altogether.

Curry Shrimp and Cauliflower

Half red bell pepper filled with Tuna Fish
Green salad with Wegman's Organic Miso Dressing

Snack - Organic mushrooms cooked with chopped onion,
seasoning of your choice and balsamic vinegar

Salmon pan seared with onion and yellow peppers


La-Vie

Excess weight is gained one pound at a time over a matter of time...and that's just it will come off. Soooo, stay calm and carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two PINKS in a Pod LOVE to get comments. They keep us going forward in this weight loss journey! Ask questions too... we will do our best to answer them! Think P.I.N.K.!