Monday, March 12, 2012

Hello



Hello, my name is Michelle and I have been trying to lose weight for the past 5 years.  In 1997 I lost about 50 pounds and kept it off for about 9 years.  Unfortunately, the stresses of life and being a single mother started to intrude on my weightloss accomplishment :-)  When I noticed that I was gaining weight I would start working out and eating better, but for some reason I just couldn't stick with it like I had 9 years before.  So as a result, I gained all the weight that I loss and then some!

In November 2011, I saw the Pink Method weightloss program on the Dr. Phil Show and was very intrigued, specifically because it is designed for women only.  I told a friend about it and she ordered it.  We looked at the meal plan and workout info and we both felt we could do the program.  It took me another month, but I decided to order the program as well.  So today (3/12/12), we started the program together. 

My friend and I have decided to document our weightloss journey using the P.I.N.K Method through this blog.  We will post before and after pictures later on in our journey.  We will both post about our meals and how we are doing on the program atleast twice a week, possibly more.  If you have any questions for us please leave a comment.  Thanks for taking the time to follow our blog.

Think P.I.N.K

The P.I.N.K Method was developed by nutritionist Cynthia Pasquella, CCN is broken down in to four phases or diets in 1.

 The "4 diets in 1" concept, explained here, is executed in this order:

1. PINK Reset: A detoxifying short-term diet designed to jump-start your metabolism. You will use the PINK Matrix to find out how long you stay on the this phase. PINK Reset will give you super-fast results and get you ready for the core of the PINK Method diet.

2. PINK Primary: A fat-fighting diet that reintroduces the body to high-energy foods to fuel physical activity for Phase 1 of the fitness program. You stay on PINK Primary until you are about 5 - 10 pounds from your goal and then you move on.

3. The 7-Day Shred: A seven-day program incorporating nutrient rich “Shred Soup” that blasts away the last few stubborn pounds and keeps you from hitting weight-loss plateaus. The 7 Day Shred is designed to bust you through those last few pounds without hitting a plateau.

4. PINK Preservation: The maintenance program for life! Your food changes at every stage so you're never bored and it keeps your body guessing which keeps the pounds melting off!
I really think this program is great because you get to eat real food and you aren't starving yourself.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Two PINKS in a Pod LOVE to get comments. They keep us going forward in this weight loss journey! Ask questions too... we will do our best to answer them! Think P.I.N.K.!