Friday, March 16, 2012

Real Talk.... my triumphs, struggles and tips

Good afternoon P.I.N.K. Ladies!

I thought I would holler just before I go make some curry shrimp and cauliflower for lunch with lots of water to drink of course! I am on day 5 of the reset (with 9 days to go before starting PINK Primary). So far I have lost 4.5 lbs. I love waking up and jumping on that scale! Anyhoo, today I thought I would share some of my triumphs, struggles and tips for this glorious program called The P.I.N.K. Method.

Real talk... I was living very unhealthily for many years. I did not know how to turn my health around for the better. I was sedentary. I wasn't willing to become obsessed with counting points, calories, eating pre-packaged meals that arrive in the mail, etc. I have tried it all. Nothing was lasting. And most importantly, I didn't want to sacrifice in terms of eating. Rather than eating cardboard, I always wanted to eat things that were tasty and be able to choose from a varierty of constantly changing items. Restriction and Complication = me not losing weight.

I was not a water drinker or vegetable and salad eater in the past. I did partake, but not every day and not enough to matter. I loved everything fattening. The things that make you loosen your top button on those jeans after the meal is done. Thus, it was a very difficult mental decision to start this program. I couldn't fathom eating veggies constantly and only eating a couple of meals loaded with what? ... MORE veggies. But my friend Michelle and co-author of this blog encouraged me that this plan was doable. So we embarked on this journey together but my experience has been different than hers... I have struggled with different aspects of the plan where she has not.

So now, I am going to tell all in the next few posts! The other side of the pea pod confessess...

P.I.N.K. Drink #1
Ok, this is the breakfast while on reset. I have mastered this drink now, but on the first day I added the ingredients and then added ice. Well, that was a huge no-no. The volume tripled and it tasted like nothing but froth even though I added 8 drops of liquid stevia.


Liquid Stevia from Wegmans


I also used the protein powder my husband (the body builder and beach body coach) uses. That protein powder was not P.I.N.K. approved so I took myself to GNC and asked the salesperson to hook me up. Luckily exactly what I needed was on sale! SCORE. I highly recommend GNC Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60 for the taste and for the ingredients. Note, the supplement facts are based on 3 scoops - we only need one so divide by 3.


My mornings tend to be running ones... dropping off kids, running errands etc. I was not prepared that first day. I didn't bring water or snacks. By lunchtime I was hungry like the WOLF! Then by late afternoon I crashed. I had a bad headache an no energy. I had to sleep to conserve my energy. I was snapping at everyone when I awoke too. I got way behind in my schedule. I was too weak to cook dinner!! I threw the pork chops on the pancake griddle with less than stellar results and sat my butt back down to recoup from that ten foot walk around the kitchen. Then I had to chew gum to make it through the evening and in the middle of the night while I slept to make it through.

So sad... my husband was looking at me like I was crazy and asking "why are you doing this again?" And my 7 year old daughter was like "Mom, I'm sorry you're sick, but you don't have to do what that lady says... just eat healthy food and don't snack on junk" all matter of a fact. WOW! From the mouths of babes...  I didn't even finish my gallon of water but after all that... I lost 1.5 lbs by the next morning. So I decided to get my act together.

I got scheduled and made sure I had an idea of what I would eat when and how long it might take the prep and cook. I got on top of my water intake. I talked to friends for ideas and checked the message boards and facebook groups for tips. That has helped tremendously. Now it's easy peasy... If I even start to get a headache or the shakes I know I need to eat and drink water fast and in a hurry to head it off. I have energy enough to load the dishwasher and the laundry (which wasn't the case earlier in the week). I'm feeling amped.

The last thing I will say, is I have been using chia seeds yesterday and today. I am going to report back on how that improves things for me. It is a natural appetitie suppressant and they give you energy. These are the ones I bought from Wegmans organic isle.



 What's your reset story? If you have any tips & tricks that would help me please leave a comment.
 
La-Vie
Remember... nothing tastes as good as beign at your goal weight feels

2 comments:

  1. I have often wondered about chia seeds. Please do report back on your experience with them!

    As for everything else, you are definitely on the right track!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katrina! Thanks so much for your kind comment. I really do feel like I am on the right track for once in my weight loss life!! My next blog post will be about the chia seeds. All I will say now, is that since I took the seeds I have more energy and less hunger. And I am happy about that!!!! Stay tuned...

    ReplyDelete

Two PINKS in a Pod LOVE to get comments. They keep us going forward in this weight loss journey! Ask questions too... we will do our best to answer them! Think P.I.N.K.!