Friday, March 23, 2012

Life is a Moving Target....


Ok, I am on day 12 (out of 14) of reset with The PINK Method. I've lost 10 lbs since last monday.

I am super pyched!!! I would NEVER have guessed I could make it through this phase. I have not had any processed food, white sugar, snacks, cheese (which is my life...) etc. in 12 days and I don't want any either. I am soooo confused!! I have thought about eating Rita's water ice on several occasions but never broke my contract with myself. I previously did not believe I had enough will power to conform to this regimen. I even had an encounter in the grocery with those same chips the other PINK in the pod ran into yesterday. But I kept it pushing (I was on my way to get frozen strawberries for my shake) and I was like "I don't want you!!"


 I never drank water and now that's all I drink. I ate emotionally before but in this last 12 days I have talked it out with friends, snapped out on folks a couple times, made amazing paper crafts, caught up on shows, blogged, etc. Anything to keep food as nourishment only. There have been many mine fields along the way... Life is a moving target when you have young kids, a dog, a house and a husband to take care of.  But you can do it. I was least likely to success and I am off to a great start.

Listen, these are my tips for making it through...

  1. stay positive - your attitude is 95% of it. What you think you are or can do it what you bring into reality. It's the same for the negative thoughts.
  2. drink the water - if you cannot do the full amount, drink as much as you can. It speeds the weight loss
  3. make the meals that excite you - I never was big on eating this way but I like knowing I am doing the right thing and that I have many choices. Arrange a pretty plate, use lots of color etc.
  4. everyone eats the same - move everyone in the household to this meal plan so you won't operate like a restaurant or be tempted to cheat. if that doesn't work... have them cook for themselves or if it's young kids - feed them things that they love but you don't want anyway. My kids have been trying all the new veggies in the house. they love some and hate others. Well, at least now I know...


Orange bell pepper filled with tuna salad and garden salad

This was my lunch today. I have shown this type of salad before, but I wanted to share why I think this is a great option for a light meal at lunch or dinner. I find this meal to be very satisfying and very filling. I use one can of starkist select low sodium and hellman's low fat mayo. I do not use enough for it to be swimming in mayo. Add just enough to mix with garlic powder, fresh ground pepper and cayenne (to get that metabo going...) I put the tuna in half a bell pepper. I use different colors because it's pretty. When I eat it, I pick it up and bite into it. That gives me the feeling like I am eating a sandwich. It's crunchy and satisfying and filling. Give it a try...


Now for the PINK Drink Confidenital....


Raw Hemp Protein - Wegmans
This week I was feeling like if I drank PINK drink #1 ONE MORE TIME I was going to lose it! So I felt adventurous enough to try PINK drink #2 and #3. I don't hear much chatter about these drinks so I am here to give you the inside scoop! Both drinks call for Hemp protein powder which I got from Wegmans. And both call for vegetables - which I am not used to (at all...).


PINK Drink #2
 PINK Drink #2 was an acquired taste...I tolerated it for 2 days but have decided to retire this option from my repetoire. It calls for Spinach, Carrot, Beet, Strawberries and Coconut Water among other ingredients. It was a really dark red drink with an earthy taste. I felt like I was really part of the crunchy granola crew with this option. It was gritty and earthy (insert - tastes like dirt) and well... let's move on.

PINK Drink #3



Hands Down, PINK Drink #3 is DA BOMB!!

It is now my breakfast until I get sick of it and move back to #1. I love this drink because it calls for coconut milk, banana, strawberries, spinach, beet, fresh lime juice, stevia (if needed), etc. The big tip with this drink is that you HAVE to blend it twice as much. (maybe #2 would've been better and less gritty if I had done that...but we'll NEVER know....). This drink is tasty and had me doing a happy dance after the last two days doing #2. I highly recommend it. Try it and let me know wzup....


La-Vie
Never say never...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two PINKS in a Pod LOVE to get comments. They keep us going forward in this weight loss journey! Ask questions too... we will do our best to answer them! Think P.I.N.K.!